COVID-19 (Coronavirus) information

The information relating to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is being updated at a rapid rate, and so, rather than keep re-writing the information on my website, here are links to reputable sources of advice:

The Government’s official advice can be found here:

It includes guidance for employers and businesses, stay-at-home guidance, travel advice and advice for health professionals.

Guidance on social distancing:

Community Support

Covid-19 Mutual Aid UK – “a group of volunteers supporting local community groups organising mutual aid throughout the Covid-19 outbreak in the UK. We focus on providing resources and connecting people to their nearest local groups, willing volunteers and those in need.” –

Offering support from your business – Use this service to tell us how your business might be able to help with the response to coronavirus. –

Advice relating to healthcare

Government Whatsapp service: 07860064422

NHS advice:

Age UK:

Asthma UK:

Cancer Research:

Citizens’ Advice:

Diabetes UK:

MIND ‘Coronavirus and your wellbeing’:


Advice relating to employment, businesses and benefits

ACAS – information for advice for employers and employees:

Health & Safety Executive:

Information Commissioner:

Coronavirus and claiming benefits:

Federation of Small Businesses

Coronavirus support for employees, benefit claimants and businesses:

Coronavirus Financial Support for employers, self-employed and employees: 

Support for businesses:

Turn2Us – Benefits and Coronavirus:

Universal Credit


Guidance for schools, childcare providers, colleges and local authorities in England on maintaining educational provision:

Local advice and organisations

Rochdale Borough Council: 

Rochdale Action Together 

Hardship Funds

Coronavirus hardship fund for musicians:

Travel Advice

Foreign Office Travel Advice









Utility Companies and Energy Consumption

British Gas:



Scottish Power:

Shell Energy:

United Utilities:

National Energy Action (NEA) runs the Warm and Safe Homes Advice Service which provides help to people who are struggling with their energy bills, as well as benefit advice and claim support.

If you are struggling with energy bills, as well as benefit advice and claim support, you can complete a National Energy Action (NEA) online referral form at

People who need support with benefits checks and claims can also call the NEA dedicated phone number 0800 138 8218.

NEA have also created some new resources for those who may be struggling with their energy bills. These are available at

Banks, Building Societies and Money

Bank of Scotland:


Bradford and Bingley:



Money Advice Service:



Royal Bank of Scotland: